Sunday, October 5, 2008

Changing Weather

Well, it is sad to say but the seasons are changing. Even though autumn is my favorite season it leads into winter. This winter is forecasted to be below normal temperatures and above average snowfall. Yuck. So, we started getting the house ready for the cold and dark days ahead. Our pool is closed until spring and the AC units are taken out of the windows. Hopefully next year we will have central air and not have to worry about this task. I am getting ready to cut back all my gardens for the year. This is quite depressing. Although fall does lead to winter there are fun things that we are looking forward to doing as a family. Apple Charlies is not far away and molasses for my cookies sounds pretty good. The leaves are beginning to change colors and fall from the trees and this means we will have piles for us all to run and play in including Hunter. I think he will really like this! There is a certain crispness and smell to the air that only autumn can provide. I wish I could bottle that smell and save it for the dead of winter. There is also Halloween right around the corner! I cannot wait to carve pumpkins with my little man. Then before we know it Thanksgiving and Christmas will be here. I just love the holiday season. So, I guess it is not that bad that the weather is beginning to change. Afterall, in order to get to next summer we need to conquer winter first. So, I am going to enjoy my most favorite season of all to it's absolute fullest - autumn!

No comments: