Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Ouch!!!


It has been quite the day here so far. First off, Hunter decided to get up at 6:45 am. Then he decided to pull the coffee grounds out of the kitchen garbage and grind them into my carpet. Not cool. So, I end up pulling the vacuum cleaner out at 8 am to try and get as much of the coffee out of the carpet as possible. Then I decide to vacuum the entire house since I vacuum every week and have already started the process today. So, as I am taking the vacuum to the back of the house I hear Hunter start screaming. You know the scream I am talking about - the one where you know something really bad has happened. So, I go running back to the media room where he was watching Little Einsteins and he is crying and screaming and holding his head. I scooped him up and and started to examine him to see why he was screaming. Apparently he hit his head on something really hard and his forehead was swelling and turning an ugly shade of purple. I pulled out his ice pack and tried to keep it on as long as he would let me. Poor kid now has a lump the size of a silver dollar and it is red and yucky looking. It is going to bruise for sure. I am wondering what else is going to happen since it is only 10 in the morning right now. We have a long day ahead of us still. Ughhhhhh.......I sure hope it gets better and does not end up being one of "those" days.

3 comments:

cjm said...

That looks awful! Poor kid!

burger-burger said...

silly kid! this is what i have to look forward to, huh?

kay said...

I am so glad he is ok. It looks awful. Hugs