Friday, June 12, 2009

Small Fry Has Arrived!

Evan Matthew arrived in the early morning on June 10th - 2 weeks ahead of schedule! He was born at 4:09 am, was 7 lbs 5 oz and 20 inches long! He has a full head of hair and dark blue eyes for now. He is exact opposite of Hunter - quiet and very calm. It is nice to have such an even tempered child for now. We shall see what the future holds!

His arrival took us all by surprise. I did not know I was in active labor during the hockey game on Tuesday. My contractions were not very strong or very regular. However, by 10 pm some of the contractions had gotten pretty intense so I called my OB who instructed my to go and get checked out at the hospital. I was convinced it was false labor and that we would be sent home. Boy, was I wrong. When we arrived at the hospital and I was checked out I discovered I was already at a 7 and moving fast! Thank goodness we went in when we did. I got my epidural by 11:30pm and it slowed my labor big time. It relaxed me so much that Evan floated up and out of the birth canal and we were told that we may need a c-section to deliver him if we could not get him to reengage. Well, a little pitocin fixed that problem and by 4:05am I began to push and 4 minutes later Evan made his debute! Everything worked out great and we arrived home yesterday. We are currently adjusting to being a family of 4 and loving every minute of it! Hunter is a wonderful big brother so far and I have no doubt he will continue it! So, there ya have it! The birth of Evan Matthew - short, sweet and no messing around. That boy meant business!

(I will post some pics just as soon as I upload them to the computer.)

1 comment:

cjm said...

Congrats! Can't wait to see pictures.