Saturday, May 16, 2009

Thunderstorms

I LOVE thunderstorms but my son, on the other hand, is terrified. This makes night time thunderstorms especially difficult. We had some really active weather roll through our area last night. I enjoyed it once it started but quickly realized it was going to be a very long night. I was right. As soon as the second or third good rumble of thunder was heard Hunter was up and screaming at the top of his lungs. So, I spent the entire night in his room comforting him and letting him know that he was not alone and he was safe and that the storm could not hurt him. Wow, I forgot how slow the minutes can pass when you are dead tired and have to stay up. Lets just hope that Hunter learns to enjoy storms and not be terrified.

1 comment:

cjm said...

Something tells me you don't have too long until you totally remember what it's like to be up at night, dead tired...